JustShare is a coalition of churches and charities committed to promoting a just share of the world’s resources for all. We do this through free public debates, seminars, lectures and other events aiming to engage specifically with the City of London on issues of global development and justice, and to encourage positive action in response. Learn more here.
Please join our newsletter below to recieve updates on future events.
We look forward to being in touch.
What is JustShare?
JustShare is a coalition of churches, charities and other organisations committed to equal global development and social justice. We use our base in the City of London to drive discussion and promote change, always actively seeking to promote a just share of the world’s resources for everyone.
First established in 2002, JustShare is run by a Steering Group of church and NGO representatives from our office at St Mary-le-Bow Church on Cheapside. We draw our vision and values from our Christian commitment to the common good, but welcome people of all faiths and none into our network to work towards a fairer world.
What do we do?
• Engage with the City on the subject of global development and social justice.
• Educate people about development and justice issues in the City and beyond
• Establish practical projects, partnerships and networks to promote dialogue and encourage action.
• Encourage business leaders and opinion makers to pursue change in policy and practice to ensure a constant drive towards a more just world.
• Endorse a collaboration between Christian communities and others in the City who share the same vision of a just world for all.
How do we do it?
• Use our network of City churches as venues for debates, discussions and dialogues.
• We host a series of theological lectures (the Christian Social and Political Thought series) to introduce Christian thought on justice and equality.
• We use these events as a starting place for further networking and collaboration, building bridges within the City community to engender change in policy and practice.
• We encourage sustainable procurement across the City of London, promoting Fairtrade products in particular.